This Cambodian life: #1 Morning ride lullaby

3

My morning bike ride to work takes me about 22m.
This is the commute I do every morning at 7:00 am. The traffic is insane and the rule is just one: try not to get killed. :-)
Because my objective here is not to bore you to death, I've cut a short version of the way. I apologise for the camera shake, but the way is bumpy and with only one hand in the handle that's the best I can offer.
You'll notice how when we move away from the center towards Mongul Bai, where the NGO is located, the scenery gets poorer and poorer. And what you see is not the slum.
On our way there frequently the locals greet us because they recognize the volunteers for their t-shirts. Locals in Mongul Bai depend greatly on the work of New Hope Cambodia, and its truly amazing to be part of it. More to share in the next posts about the work.

(and in case you're wondering what the music is: Michael Kiwanuka - Im Getting Ready





Read more »

3 comments:

  1. Sarah says:

    Only one hand in the handle? You are craaaaaazyyyy! ;-) I love the little boy who gives you five!!

  1. Sarah says:

    Only one hand in the handle? You are craaaaaazyyyy! ;-) I love the Little Boy who gives you five!!!

Powered by Blogger.